Monday, August 24, 2009

Reality Shows I Can't Believe I Watch -But I Do

Reality shows equals brainless TV, TV that guarantees will turn your brain to mush.

I wanna say I hate reality shows. No actual substance, and no cemented belief that it isn't all unscripted. Hence, when I say that I do actually watch reality shows, it is with resignation and a sigh of disbelief. Because once in a while? I'd like to let my brain rest and let it turn to mush -and just plain enjoy watching something without working my brain.

So the reality shows I guiltily admit to watching, and helps to make me a hypocrite, are as follows in no particular order:

The Bachelor/Bachelorette: Scripted or not, sometimes I like to watch something romantic and sigh happily. A girl can wish for happily ever afters, right (coughliketheyexistlikethatcough)? Besides, there are some hot guys on the Bachelorette most of the time.

Shark Tank: I didn't think I'd like or be interested in this show. To hell with the people, the judges are awesome and are what makes up the best part of the show. Kevin O'Leary has some of the best quips and sarcasm ever (well, next to Brent Spiner), Daymond John plays great at being nonchalant and cool (and almost never straying from his 51%), Barbara Corcoran is the nice one of the group (ehehe, not all the time (smirks) but it is nice that she believes a lot in some people), Kevin Harrington knows how to get some of the best deals ever, and Robert Herjavec is just plain WIN. Man knows how to play his A-game, I tell you...

Dating in the Dark:....I really have no words to say. I want to say I thought this was going to be stupid, but it's romantic and I'm a bloody effin' sap.

American Idol: Because Simon Cowell is sarcasm god, and I love laughing at some of the people in the auditions. Cruel, yes, but that's what you get for going on the show and not having talent. Or self-respect. Or just too much plain ego. Tone it down, people. Some of you? Just aren't that good. And the ones that are, I applaud and hope you make it.

I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!: I have nothing to say, other than this was actually freakin' awesome. It was so funny! Janice Dickinson? Insane. Speidi? For the Win. Sanjaya equals Jungle Boy. And it just goes on and on...

I Survived a Japanese Game Show!: Because I love Japan and the Japanese, and us Americans can be so loserish and funny on the show.

Dancing with the Stars: Because I love the couples that become such good pairs, the dancing is hot (and makes me want to learn how to ballroom), and just generally enjoy the people on there.

There are probably more I can't recall, but I don't feel like admitting to more brain mush than I can handle right now...I'll add more when I feel like confession :P

No comments:

Post a Comment